FYI - New users

Re: FYI - New users

Postby egan317 » Mon May 09, 2011 12:08 pm

not a problem Rommer. there's always "one" in the bunch. I'm new to boating and this site and have gained some good information from the people here and you too. Thanks again! Nice job!!!
egan317

Postby sd155racer » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:12 am

I'm not a spammer lol but I posted something in the forum for Regal and I'm still waiting for it to be approved... Thanks!
sd155racer

Postby rommer » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:44 pm

sd155racer wrote:I'm not a spammer lol but I posted something in the forum for Regal and I'm still waiting for it to be approved... Thanks!

All pending posts have been processed. Sorry but it seems your original post has been lost so please post again.
Wake-N-Waves
2004 Silverton 48/50C
2003 Regal 3880 (Traded in and sold)
2003 Regal 2860 (Sold)
West Milford, NJ
rommer
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Postby AHaydis » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 pm

I can't seem to find the "white" box that I was told to click in to put in a new and updated comment, I also can't seem to find what group I am in. My kids would have no problem but I guess that I am just slow. Could you email me at fort9ral@charter.net. Is there a spell check button or a print button?

Thanks for help
AHaydis

Postby Canada » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:57 pm

I will try to answer>>>

I can't seem to find the "white" box that I was told to click in to put in a new and updated comment.....

If you want to add a new comment at the bottom of each thread there is a button called "POST REPLY". Hit that and it brings up a separate screen that you can add comments to. After typing in your comment, either preview to see what your answer looks like or submit it which posts the comment. If you want to change your own previous post, there is an edit button in your own thread that you can use. NOTE: you must be logged on to do either.

I also can't seem to find what group I am in....

Not quite sure what you mean by "group". If you are at the "top" level of the forum, you will see various forums such as 'Dock Side Chat" or "Repair". Each forum is focused on the discussion ie: Dockside chat is general versus repairs is more technically oriented on specific repair issues. However, if you are logged in a lot of people hit the 'Board Index" then on the smaller sub memu hit 'Active Topics" which brings up the latest topics that have replies posted against them.

My kids would have no problem but I guess that I am just slow....

Agreed, our teens or less, know more about small computing everyday with iphones, ipads, blackberries, tablets and so on...that doesn't mean we are slow.... just focused on what gets the job done.

Could you email me at fort9ral@charter.net. Is there a spell check button or a print button? ....
Sorry no spell check. If you are going to post a long thread I would suggest you use Microsoft Word or equivalent and use the spell check function in that application and then when satisfied 'copy and paste' into your reply. Otherwise, when it comes to forum chats, like using a blackberry, small spelling errors are normally overlooked as long as other people get the idea of what you are trying to say.

As far as the print button..... I never had a reason to use one in this forum. If you want to print what you see on the screen, you can press, Ctrl, Alt, Prt Scn on your keyboard. That will copy what the screen has on and then copy that into a word or power point document that you can print.

Hope that helps.
Greg & Kathy
was....
Knottiii Grotto - 3560
Victoria Harbour, Ontario, Canada
now...
Spanish Angel - 54 ' Meridian 490
Sidney, British Columbia - Canada
Canada

Postby rommer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:25 am

You could switch your web browser and use Firefox. It has a built-in spellchecker and IMO is much better than Internet Exploder. :lol:
Wake-N-Waves
2004 Silverton 48/50C
2003 Regal 2860 (Sold)
West Milford, NJ
rommer

Postby vfss » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi new owner of a Regal 2860 year 2000 have serial number RGMRC070B000, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IS SERIAL NUMBERS AND MODEL NUMBERS OF MOTORS AND OUT DRIVES NEED TO GET SOME SPARE PARTS
Thanks
Victor
vfss

Postby Canada » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:27 am

Victor, I doubt people will find this post in the new user's section. You might try reposting in the boat models section.

Having said that, you left your 'caps' key on after you typed in the serial number. If you repost, pls remove the CAPITALS when typing (considered as YELLING).

PS: I also doubt anyone here will have the information you are looking for. Apart from a visual inspection of engine(s) / outdrives, this information is usually captured on the original bill of sale or insurance documents. Otherwise, you could give the Regal factory /head office a call in Orlando and they might / should have a record of that hull number and what was installed.

Hope that helps.
Greg & Kathy
was....
Knottiii Grotto - 3560
now...
Canada

Postby yeagerl » Tue May 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Whats the difference between the Volvo 4.3 GXI and the 4.3 GI in REGAL 1900 rs
yeagerl

Postby Canada » Wed May 02, 2012 7:14 am

Horse power.....

eg: the 8.1's GI are approx 370 HP. the GXI are about 420. Same engine. Different chip set.
Greg & Kathy
was....
Knottiii Grotto - 3560
now...
Canada

Postby MaryPace » Sun May 20, 2012 9:35 am

I am a new owner of a 1998 Regal 292 Commodore. We do not have a user's manual and would like to acquire one if anyone has one they would not mind copying, I would appreciate it! I would be glad to pay for copies and shipping.

Mary
Blugill65@comcast.net
MaryPace

Postby ananda » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Mary,

Check you email. I sent what I have for the manual that Regal provided for my 1998 292. I sent it in three separate emails. The rest of the information provided was the brochures for all the items installed in the boat like the water heater, compass, coffee maker, stove, etc. You can usually get copies of those from the individual manufactures web sites. If you are inquiring about an actual how to use manual, there wasn't one provided except for a small generic how to operate a cruiser book. It went over basic boat usage, handling, safety, and regulations. Our dealer actually gave us a few hour check-out and how to use cruise.

Congrats on your new to you boat! The 292 is a great boat. Since we purchased ours in 1998, we have not found anything that we would up-grade to in the same size range that we can trailer. So we still are enjoying ours still after 14 years of ownership. Have fun. Let me know if you need any more info and I will help if I can.

Pat
Pat
1998 Regal 292
Twin Volvo 5.0Gi SX
ananda

Postby coryjud » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:47 am

was there any problems with bravo outdrives on 1998 regal 2760 in salt water?
coryjud

Postby Kolsch Cruiser » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Well I guess that explains why I wasn't able to upload any pictures to my post in the pictures board.

I am an owner of a new 30 express cruiser. My GF's dad talked me up from a very used cuddy to a brand new boat "no less that 30 feet." Used to work for boating magazine. Apparently wants to go cruising.

Located in Occoquan. Pics to follow.
Kolsch Cruiser

Postby knottright » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Can we list topic by boat make model and year...its very difficult with thousands of posts and even more threads!!!! needle in a haystack!!!
thanks
knottright

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Great idea. Really appreciate your work on the site.
Bob
2013 Regal Owners Supporter

Postby blacktop » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:47 pm

I posted my boat for sale yesterday and it is not on there anymore?? I hope I didn't do anything wrong.
Thanks
blacktop

Postby rommer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 pm

blacktop wrote:I posted my boat for sale yesterday and it is not on there anymore?? I hope I didn't do anything wrong.
Thanks

Sorry my bad. I clicked on the wrong thing. Please repost.
Wake-N-Waves
2004 Silverton 48/50C
2003 Regal 2860 (Sold)
West Milford, NJ
rommer

Postby toddnkim » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Hello I am new to the site and I am in desperate need for some help here..lol We have have had a 1998 regal lsr for 3 yrs now. We have never had any trouble out of the boat until this year. Its been in the shop all summer and we have spent 4400.00 in the past 2 months. First we were riding down the lake and we just started loosing power until it was hardly nothing. We took it to a reputable mechanic, they had it for 2 weeks telling us that it needed a tune up, new spark plugs and other than that they could find nothing wrong with it. After 700.00 We put it back in the water and the same thing! Water is somehow getting in the fuel. We have had to drain the tank twice (which is pretty pricey these days) changed the fuel seperater twice and this weekend it done the same thing. My husband says that there is no vent on this boat, it takes forever to put gas in it! The cap and oring is in good shape so I dont think it could be that..idk! Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks so much
toddnkim

Postby Chesadena » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:16 am

You may want to start a new thread to get this question answered. Not a lot of people are going to look at the new users thread to answer an issue.

That being said, when you change the fuel separator is there water in it? Can you see the water in the fuel tank? Do you hear any whine or coughing when the engine loses power? What is the engine type?
Fred Lisa and Ally
2003 Regal 2465
Pasadena, MD
Chesadena
2013 Regal Owners Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General - Florida Area